DR. OM J. LAKHANI
MBBS, MD (Medicine), DNB (Endocrinology)
Specialty Certificate in Endocrinology from Royal College of Physicians, UK
Dr. Om J Lakhani is a Consultant Endocrinologist working at Zydus Hospital in Ahmedabad. His qualifications include DNB Endocrinology from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital in New Delhi and MD and MBBS from the prestigious Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda. He has obtained the Specialist Certificate In Endocrinology from Royal College of Physicians in the UK. He has an outstanding academic record with the President, NBE Gold Medal in Endocrinology, five gold medals in MBBS and two gold medals in MD Medicine. He is one of the rare doctors in India to have Gold Medal in Undergraduate, Post-graduate, and Super-Specialty.
Dr. Lakhani is considered one of the top Endocrinologist by the Endocrinology community of India. He was the winner of the celebrated Endocrine society of India –Young scholar award (ESI-TYSA) and has also won the coveted ‘AV Gandhi Award for excellence in Endocrinology research’ during his training career. He is also the winner of DR. VITHALRAO NADGOUDA for best thesis in MD Medicine conferred by the Association of Physicians of India.
His areas of expertise include Endocrine oncology, Metabolic bone disease, Pediatric Endocrinology and the use of new technology in the management of diabetes mellitus.
1. DNB – Endocrinology
a. From Sir Ganga Ram Hospital New Delhi
b. Sir Ganga Ram is considered the best institute for DNB training in India.
c. It is a 650 bedded multispeciality hospital
d. It has both general (government) as well as private scheme
e. We had a daily OPD of about 150 patients in Endocrinology.
f. Winner of President, NBE Gold Medal In Endocrinology
(Top Rank in Endocrinology in throughout the country)
2. SPECIALITY CERTIFICATE IN ENDOCRINOLOGY
a. Royal college of Physicians, UK.
2. MD – Medicine
a. SSG Hospital and Govt Medical college, Baroda
b. Two Gold medals and top rank in the batch
a. Govt Medical college Baroda
b. 5 Gold medals including top rank in final MBBS
SPECIAL TRAINING AND FELLOWSHIP
1. Type 1 Diabetes Fellowship from Boston, USA
2. Training in Insulin Pump and Continuous glucose monitoring from UK
3. Pediatric Endocrinology training from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
4. Neuroendocrine tumors training from ENETS, Barcelona, Spain
5. Genetic medicine training (relevant to Endocrinology) from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
6. Diabetic Retinopathy diagnosis and management training from AIIMS, New Delhi
1. National Winner of Endocrine Society of India- Torrent Young Scholar Award
a. This is a competition amongst all the DM and DNB Endocrinology students in India
b. I stood first amongst more than 70 participants from all over India
c. Final was held in Torrent Research center in Ahmedabad in 2016
2. Winner of Endocrine Society of India- AV Gandhi Award
a. This is the award for best research amongst DM and DNB Endocrinology students in India
b. 2nd runner-up in the competition
3. Winner of Association of Physicians of India ‘Best Thesis award’
4. 5 Gold medals in MBBS
5. 2 Gold medals in MD